26 mining and mineral processing companies:
Heavy mineral sands, uranium, niobium, rare earths, coal, oil & gas, titanium pigment, zirconium, phosphate, gold
Cameroon, China, Gabon, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Malaysia, Namibia, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Syria, Ukraine, Zambia
- Development of radiation management plans and standard operating procedures, ongoing training of personnel, preparation of internal and external reports, creation of monitoring databases;
- Pre-operational (baseline) and operational radiation monitoring: gamma radiation levels, radon and thoron, monitoring of ground and surface waters, analysis of dust filters for gross alpha activity concentrations, advice on the management of radiation density gauges;
- Modelling of radiation exposures of workers and members of the public, modelling of environmental impacts, advise on all pre-operational radiation monitoring and management, review of documents, meetings with the communities and government departments, complete audits of radiation monitoring and management at mining and mineral processing operations;
- Development of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for different minerals and concentrates, studies of national and international regulations and guidelines applicable to a specific NORM in different countries.
2 mineral and radiochemical laboratories:
Kazakhstan, South Africa
- Advice on the methods of analysis for radionuclides and on reporting of the results.
27 transport organisations and logistics companies:
7 port authorities, 6 airports, 5 airlines, 9 shipping agents
China, Japan, Malaysia, Kenya, Singapore
- Advice on transport and storage of NORM, on security screening and other relevant procedures
3 environmental service and public relations companies:Hungary, Malaysia
- Advice on radiation monitoring and management of NORM and on the different approaches to public engagement.
25 government departments and organisations:
Azerbaijan, Cameroon, China, Gabon, Greece, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Mongolia, Namibia, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Zambia
- Advice on radiation protection regulations and guidelines, national and international transport, import and export of NORM, assessment of doses for workers and the public, environmental impact assessments;
- Complete radiation protection audits of radiologically contaminated sites in a country, and all used radiation monitoring systems and strategies.
8 scientific, research and educational institutions:
Brazil, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Poland, Ukraine, Zambia
- Development, review and advice on NORM regulations and guidelines and on the classification of radiologically contaminated sites, development of a NORM database;
- Advice on research into NORM and on the transport of mineral concentrates, cooperation in international studies of NORM transport.
4 non-for profit organisations and industry associations:
China, UK, USA, Zambia
- Advice on NORM regulations and guidelines, assessment of mining, processing and tranport proposals, review of published reports and documents.